American Physics Society has a useful page for Women in Physics with links for :
- Opportunities (internships, fellowships…)
- and helpful tips on effective practices and skills development
Read more here: https://www.aps.org/programs/women/index.cfm
Research Testimonials from the Board (2018-2019)
Columbia Society for Women in Physics Reading List:
Follow this link to check out some books and articles we and our members recommend: Book List
Resources from Kendall Mahn (MSU): resources handout
Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics: The annual Conferences on Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) are coming up, in January 2019. Details about the conferences and sites is available at this link.
The two nearest conferences are at The College of NJ (Trenton) and U. Mass. Amherst (Amherst), with the Trenton one likely being most convenient. Their own CUWiP website is at: https://cuwip.tcnj.edu
The deadline for applications is Oct. 12th.
As usual, most of the costs to attend these conferences are covered by the host institution. Columbia will likely be able to cover registration and travel costs (up to $100) for physics students who attend the nearest conference.
- Female-Friendly Graduate Programs: http://www.aps.org/programs/women/female-friendly/index.cfm
- AIP Women in Physics Website: http://www.aip.org/statistics/trends/gendertrends.html
- Historical Contributions of Women to Physics: http://cwp.library.ucla.edu/
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) information: http://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards/
- National Society of Black Physicists: https://www.nsbp.org/
Columbia resources for discrimination and harrassment: http://www.essential-policies.columbia.edu/policies-and-procedures-discrimination-and-harassment
Links to other student groups on campus that focus on underrepresented students in science and engineering:
- Society of Women Engineers: http://www.seas.columbia.edu/swe/
- Women in Science at Columbia: https://womeninscienceatcolumbia.org/
- National Society of Black Engineers at Columbia: https://outreach.engineering.columbia.edu/content/national-society-black-engineers
- CU Chapter of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/shpe/
- Columbia Women in Computer Science: https://cuwics.github.io/